Saturday, July 10, 2010

Who has not posted in a while???











Me!!

Time sure flies and what have I been doing? Gosh, let's see.. weddings, weddings, a couple of very detailed funerals..yes, funerals. We've done parties, photo shoots, videos, and traveled to Boston. We've done more weddings and hosted a Wine Walk with just a couple of hundred guests. Now I have time to blog. Oh, we've been doing wedding appointments and custom floral work for home interiors too.

So I've posted a couple of photos from my trip to Boston. I attended the American Institute of Floral Designer's annual Symposium- 'Revolution'. It is the Super Bowl, World Series and World Cup all in one. It's the Oscars, Emmy's, Grammy's and Tony's of the Floral industry.

I cannot put into words the visuals and the photos just don't do the event justice. I will post again in about a month about the Symposium.

In the mean time, I must say the photo of the man with the unusual floral bouquet is Gregor Lersch from Germany. I [along with a few others] was lucky enough to help him and his design assistant- Stefanie, prepare for their presentation. For people not in the floral industry, the only way I can compare my opportunity to do this is with the following... it was like being a film student and someone just told you you were going to assist ----oh, let's see- Meryl Streep or Robert DeNiro. Yes, someone really big, talented and very important within our industry. And I got to help! He was genius, patient, gracious, kind and incredibly talented. He even remembered my name when I returned to the design room to help the second day. The whole group of designers assisting him was wonderful. Some were from Canada some from California- everyone talented. It is amazing to be partnered with people, everyone new to each other with one common tie- flowers.

I did get to see a snippet of Boston, but not much and I'd love to go back. Enjoy the photos- I will post more.

No comments: