Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ready to lose my marbles..and a Royal Wedding


First. I have been trying to get back on this blog so I could post and for the life of me, I could not get back in. So again, I've had to reset the password. Now, that was enough time given to the hacker creep who is still invading my time. Can't have any more.

On to the fun business.. A Royal Wedding.
I have a floral friend, Jodi Duncan, who is lucky enough to be in London right now and will be able to witness the fun and royal frolicking that will take place for Kate and William. I am so green- [a lovely chartreuse shade] with envy. I and several hundred other floral friend have been following her posts while she's been in not only London, but also Scotland and Paris. Why is she traveling? ? because of flowers.

She was invited to design some florals for an amazing floral industry magazine- Fusion. It is a european magazine [aka.floral bible] within our industry with lots of really beautiful photos- kind of a picture bible but for adults not kids. Because once we open this, we're busy looking at the photos and eventually we do get back to reading what it's all about. Just in the mean time, we're mesmerized by the bright colors and details. Anyhoo, Miss Jodi was invited to do a photo shoot for the magazine, and she just happens to be in London for the nuptials. Lucky Gal!!

She also posted a brief article from people.com about the florals being designed by the Middleton's family florist- Yay Middleton family! you have a regular florist and don't use a phone book to find someone to do Kate's wedding!!Kudos- AND- Kate is using the 'Language of Flowers' as an additional guide for selecting her blossoms. I've just snagged a snippet of the article she posted below...

"The symbolism means a lot to [Kate] and the sourcing has been hugely important," says Connolly. He describes Middleton, who has been very involved in the designs, as a "dream client" and "like few other brides I've ever met."

Connolly (who will be working with the Middleton's Bucklebury family florist Emma Sampson on the event) also reveals that the trees lining the aisle at the abbey will be six English Field Maples and two Hornbeams.

Some Surprises...But he remains tight-lipped on the bridal bouquet which, traditionally, features all-white blooms.

The flowers planned for the abbey decorations may provide some clues, though. Among the varieties: Azaleas, the Chinese symbol of femininity, lilacs, which represent first love, rhododendron and wisteria.

"One of the things that has been very important to Catherine is the meanings of flowers and the language of flowers," says Connolly. "We've tried, especially in the wedding bouquets, to make beautiful stories." ....

I think my invitation to this lovely event is stuck in the mail. Imagine that! Thanks to the internet I and everyone else can get a front row seat. And now you know.

1 comment:

Flowers said...

Find Me a Florist.. Nice Title...