Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A lot of ice...

Today was interesting.. most people were home due to the overnight snow and impending ice showers. I did make it to the shop for two reasons, I had funeral work to be delivered and better than that, I had flowers coming from Florida.

After shoveling and chatting with the Schimpff's of Schimpff's Confectionery.. I got the funeral work out. But no flowers from Florida.. where were they?? It's cold out and they need to be in the shop-being told how beautiful they are. I know that sounds weird but it's like Christmas when the flowers arrive. We want to see how pretty they are, how fluffy, how fragrant. We just enjoy it.

So, by 10 til 5- the flowers came- finally. I felt bad for the Fed Ex guy-- he still had a long night ahead of him.  So I sent him on his way and ripped the box open. What did I find?? Beautiful pink kangaroo paw, lavender roses, pink cymbidium orchids, purple campanula, gorgeous fragrant white hyacinth- which I might use for my wedding this weekend- There are purple dendrobium orchids, pink, white and purple lisianthus, sunny yellow gerbera daisy and more.

Unfortunately, because of the crazy weather, we will not be open tomorrow. Typically, this is not something I do. But considering most places we would have to drive to may not be easy to access- this is just the safe thing to do. So back to work on Thursday.

So, in the mean time, I have lots to do on the computer to keep busy. So stay warm!

 

No comments: