Wednesday, July 08, 2009

My trip begins… prepare yourself, this is long.

Airport experiences and observance… Starbucks is Perfection.  People on Bluetooth are beyond annoying. One particular lady has followed me from Starbucks to Gate B-17. I think either she’s deaf or the person she’s bellowing to on her Bluetooth is.  It’s beyond rude. How can they not realize this. I don’t care about how many million pieces you’re trying to get into production. You’re annoying.

Mothers with children should not reprimand them in public with a boisterous tone. It’s kind of an oxymoron to yell at your child to be quiet and behave when your behavior is more obnoxious than his. He’s maybe 4?? And you’re  how old????

I love little old Grandmas- they’re precious. Especially ones that wear bobby pins in their hair and thick eyeglasses. And little old men with wool Irish walking caps. They remind me of my grandfather.

So, my flight departs. No problems. A baby took my seat.. well, she was cute and mom and dad wanted to sit together- How could I say no? Hopefully she’ll be quiet.  And she doesn’t let me down. I watched her curiously watch the little boy behind her. She drooled and sucked on her mom’s seat- unbeknownst to mom.  A newbie flyer in the next row. No problems with her. Give me my peanuts and ginger ale. Read my magazine. Learned some new things about Premium Alstromeria. Enough reading.

It’s time for music. Where’s the ipod? I know I charged the thing before I went to bed. But I must not have turned it off. Well, that stinks- but I still have power.  What to listen to?? Okay..Montell Jorden- tell me.. Is this how we do it??  I don’t like it this way, I have to not sing- lucky for the guy next to me and I cannot dance.. So now I realize I look like a real dufus as I catch myself trying so hard not to bob my head to the right like the knuckleheads in the movie The Roxbury. Wow, that’s a visual for you.

And the plane descends and the angels sing as I land in my favorite place--- Chicago. Oh, sweet home!! I depart the plane and what is the first thing I smell?? Yes,why of course- PIZZA. .and again, the angels. Now I wait til 11:40 for my secret destination.

I wonder how things are going at the shop?? Do I call?? NO.. because my girls ROCK and they are taking care of business

Yippee! I’m here. Luggage is here with my top secret contents. So I ask the Airport helper lady ‘is there one Hyatt?’ Yes, dial #36 for a pick up. Okay. Lucky me, the shuttle is here right now. Ten minutes later, I’m at the hotel. Hmmm? Something doesn’t look right. I thought from past secret missions the hotel would have been larger. So, I ask ‘is this the only Hyatt?’ Nice desk clerk replies… well, I think you want to go to the location downtown. So, now I have to wait for a cab to take me there half hour wait, half hour trip. So… I try and get online while I’m waiting. I hear I have a bride who has called 3 times today wanting an email from me. Jessica has handled it fine explaining I’m in the air.

A half hour is snipped by 20 minutes. Well, this is different.. a nifty white suburban pulls up, clean, smoke free..leather seats??? Well yeah.. Please nice foreign man—Russian I’m guessing- take me to the right hotel. Fine Miss Lady… and $50 later here I am. Yes, $50.!!


So, I’ve checked in. The 19th floor. The room is nice, the bed huge, the bath stuff… yummy. Ginger peach.. divine. Oh, darling friend Kim would love this. So, I’ll eat. I made a bad choice since I’m eating alone. A Ruben?? Really Carolyn, what were you thinking? Eat light. You do have to sleep. God, I need chocolate. I knew I should have gotten the huge chunk of fudge too –I would have slowly- savored it.. but I knew I was kidding myself. I’d have devoured it. So, I didn’t buy it. I’m kind of glad now, but I would like just one bite.

Well, now I’m chilling in the hotel lobby. Trying to discreetly scope out people who may be here for the same reason I am.  So far, no one.

I must end today’s account and focus on tomorrow. Because Yes, I can.

No comments: