Sunday, February 17, 2008

Great photos from a fall wedding





Although I try my very best to snap some photos from the weddings and events we do..it's not always possible. It's during those busy set up times I truly rely on the hired, professional photographer.

Over time, I have come to realize the true difference in professional photographers. Price does not always determine the best or not so best-photographer. Although each tries to get the expected shots, each also sees an event through their own perspective. It is their unique perspective and the way they capture it that impresses me.

We had the opportunity to work with Nikki and Bradford on their fall wedding. Both have backgrounds in theatre.. [and amazingly know my brother, also and actor in Chicago- what a small world!] They wanted simple but beautiful flowers that reflected a couple of important details linking the couple. The first, incorporate feathers... Nikki and Bradford met during a Rocky Horror production and somewhere along the way a feather boa got the two talking and the rest was history. So, I obliged and included delicate white feathers in Nikki's bouquet and Bradford's boutonniere. The second, Nikki also designs jewelry and she would be wearing a couple of custome pieces to compliment her attire. So the flowers were not to take away from that. Not a problem. We kept it simple, focused on the colors white seasonal flowers with a periwinkle blue accent and didn't forget the feathers.

I've attached a couple of photos and truly credit -Jessie Kriech Higdon and her husband for the great photos. They are amazing to work with and do great things with a camera. I highly recommend them if you're looking for a photographer. They are truly artists!!

No comments: