Sunday, March 30, 2008

The 'House' down the street


I haven't blogged much this month and it really bugs me.


If you know me, you know I love to communicate..speaking, punctuated with hand and facial gestures, inflections in my tone of voice and of course rapid Chicago-bred speed. And I love to write. That gift I acquired during many years of being taught by Dominican nuns. Those wonderful faux-penguins beat writing into us..literally. Creative, expressive, make the reader feel everything - kind of writing. They were wonderful women and they could teach. But you know, it's truly part of me. I just have to get it out. Not just the written language on paper or a computer but the other language I speak with.. the language of flowers. Communicate, no matter what the form of communication.. written, spoken, floral, photos, dance--[okay, you don't want to see me dance, maybe someone else, just not me.] Even my grandfather told me years ago- I had the gift of gab- I guess I never shut-up- and I always had something to say. Needless to say he lovingly called me 'Gabby'.


So, today, I will post a couple of blogs. I will 'gab' like nobody's business. Don't say I didn't warn you..


On to the 'House' down the street... Yesterday morning I had to run out on a very early delivery. On my way back, I saw down at the other end of the street this 'House' sitting in the middle of the intersection, surrounded by many frenzied people. This 'House' was an old historic home being moved from along the river front to a spot a few blocks away, and just down the street from the shop. The frenzied people were the firemen and many others helping to safely move this little gem to it's new location. It was just very cool to actually see this happen. The last home moved to the neighboring location took place a couple of years ago. I wanted to see it in progress and missed it, so this was my chance. Now, I'm glad I had to take that delivery- I wasn't at the time- so, I thought I'd share this photo.

No comments: